Talks about HardwareReturn to full program
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 12:10 PM - 2:50 PM
- Attendee-Led Conversation: Lean Startup, Hardware EditionHardwareElaine Chen, Founder, ConceptSpring, @chenelaineRoom: Hunt
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 23:05 PM - 3:45 PM
- The Diesel Engine MVPEnterpriseHardwareRoom: Grand Ballroom
When you have long product cycles or you’re building big physical things–or both–you typically face significant risk, as a lot can go wrong between drawing board and customers. In theory, Lean Startup methods help you reduce that risk. But it’s not always obvious how you can apply them. Cory Nelson, Sr. Executive Product Manager at GE Distributed Power, talks with Eric Ries about how GE has used Lean Startup methods to develop a new diesel engine more quickly and with less risk than it had for similar products in the past.
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 34:00 PM - 4:20PM
- How a 30-Year-Old Hardware Company Is Bringing Products to Market 3x FasterExperimentsHardwareKevin Ellsworth, Cirris Systems CorpRoom: Grand Ballroom
Hardware companies face particular challenges testing and iterating on their product ideas. It’s often cost-prohibitive to get an MVP in the hands of customers, and it can be seemingly impossible to ramp up production cycles. But you can push the boundaries of convention. Kevin Ellsworth, Product Manager at Cirris, explains how his team has built systems for consistent learning that have helped them release new products over a matter of months rather than years.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Early Morning Talks11:00 AM
- An Experiment on StageEnterpriseExperimentsHardwareRoom: Grand Ballroom
Telefonica, a Spanish broadband and telecommunications company, is one of the largest mobile network providers in the world. What happened when the employees wanted to experiment with a new handset idea? Susana Jurado and Maria Olano, Innovation Managers at the company, have a detailed and instructive story to tell this afternoon–and in an on-stage experiment, they preview that talk from the main stage.
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 12:20 PM - 3:00 PM
- Case Study: Lean Product Development in a Very Big OrganizationEnterpriseExperimentsHardwareRoom: Grand Ballroom
Telefonica, a Spanish broadband and telecommunications provider with operations in Europe, North America and South America, is one of the largest mobile network providers in the world. What happened when the employees wanted to experiment with a new handset idea? Susana Jurado and Mario Olano, Innovation Managers at the company, have a detailed and instructive story to tell.
- An Experiment on StageEnterpriseExperimentsHardware