Talks about Lean ImpactReturn to full program
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Early Morning Talks9:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Overcome Your Own ExpertiseCustomer DevelopmentLean ImpactMargo Wright, Yenko, @margowrightRoom: Grand Ballroom
When you’re building a new product, your own domain expertise can–surprisingly–prevent you from recognizing your potential customers’ needs. Margo Wright, founder of Yenko, shares the customer-development approach she’s used to overcome the blinders of her expertise.
Late Morning Talks11:50 PM - 1:00 PM
- Getting Very Big by Being Very User DrivenCustomer DevelopmentLean ImpactScalingMax Ventilla, AltSchool, INCRoom: Grand Ballroom
When you’re tackling a hard problem, the solution rarely comes from what you do initially. Rather, it emerges from what you do continuously–provided you set up systems to learn as you go. Max Ventilla, founder at AltSchool, explains how his organization is staying very close to its customers as its key mechanism for scaling up a large network of independent schools.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Early Morning Talks11:00 AM
- A Conversation with Mitch Kapor and Christie GeorgeLean ImpactMetricsMitch Kapor, Kapor Capital, @mkaporChristie George, New Media Ventures, @christiegeorgeRoom: Grand Ballroom
What can any startup learn from mission-driven companies? From focus, to metrics, to impact, to team, the lessons are deeper than most of us expect. In this conversation, Mitch Kapor, of Kapor Capital, talks with Christie George, Executive Director of New Media Ventures, about building a profitable company that solves real-world problems.
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 12:20 PM - 3:00 PM
- Look Past Biases to Measure the Right MetricsCustomer DevelopmentLean ImpactEllynita Hazlina Lamin, Developmental StrategistRoom: Fountain
In 2012, social-impact consultant Ellynita Lamin launched a recovery program in a war-torn, economically depressed area of Indonesia. Early in the project, she realized that her own biases were preventing her from measuring progress accurately. She explains the steps she took to truly understand the community’s needs and focus on the right metrics.
Concurrent Afternoon Talks 23:10 PM - 3:50 PM
- Attendee-led Conversation: Talking About Lean Startup with Foundations and Granting OrganizationsLean ImpactDominique Aubry, Aubry Consulting/Impact Hub, @aubrybellaRoom: California
- Attendee-led Conversation: Talking About Lean Startup with Foundations and Granting OrganizationsLean Impact
- A Conversation with Mitch Kapor and Christie GeorgeLean ImpactMetrics